Baby Fever

The other day one of the ladies I meet with weekly cancelled with little notice. She was given the opportunity to spend some time with a new grand baby. The baby’s parents had recently reconnected after an extended estrangement. 

I told her how very happy I was for her to have to time, to not worry about the cancellation and hoped she stayed present and enjoyed every moment. 

She sweetly thanked me, faltered in her speech for a moment, and then expressed to me how sorry she was that I don’t have any grandchildren yet and that she hopes that changes someday.

I would be lying if I told you it didn’t feel a little achey but, truthfully, I’m a very happy camper. I truly appreciated her kindness but I can spread my love other ways and I can always hope for the future. 

Living in the moment, focusing on what is good (and there is a ton of it) accepting what is….it’s a great way to live. 

Happiest of Sundays. 

Comments

  1. You have that right, Linda. Appreciating what is…the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment shows where her priorities are, not yours. Everyone has their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much as I love my three grandsons, they are also more people to worry about, especially the one with a single mom. Like all of us, I try to accept and enjoy the life I'm given.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Things I Have Learned