A Journey To Home

My tender hearted girl decided she wanted to foster an old lady. Selkie is 14, is nearly deaf and nearly blind, has a hard time walking and uses her bark to get her needs met. 

She got her home, took her for a bath and then basically loved this old girl for three weeks until the property manager decided that it wasn’t a good match (barking too much AND because she is a pit bull). 

My girl knew it was probably temporary but she gave that dog a comfortable loving home, away from the chaos of the shelter, for a short time.  Ideally, she would have walked her home but that’s not how it worked this time. 

Last night she stood and ugly cried on a strangers shoulder after giving her back. 

I love that girl and her sweet heart. 

I wish Selkie a new final home full of love. 






Comments

  1. Heart-breaking! I can only imagine how your daughter felt and that poor pup, after finding a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire people who give older animals a home but can also understand the barking issue in close quarters. Even though I live in a house, a frequently barking dog can get tiresome. My older daughter and then boyfriend adopted a geriatric cat named Hazel. She was 14 and lived 3 more pampered years under their care. She was diabetic and expensive which was tough on their finances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart hurts for Selkie. So hard not to open the door and invite senior dogs to come live with me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Things I Have Learned