Catching Up

 I know it's been awhile for me. Life has taken its turns and twists. I am rolling with it, living in the moment, breathing with purpose, journaling to get to know myself and accepting what is. It is amazing that all I had to do was give up the battle, stop being a victim and find the beauty.

A while back I mentioned that I had a new interest in poetry. For most of my life I honestly didn't see the point of it but now it has taken on new meaning. I am finding some old poets that are lovely and solid and new ones that are irreverent and speak to my heart. I definitely have to pick and choose. There are many I simply don't understand but, in general, I am enjoying the trip.

In addition to that, I have found that for the first time ever, Jazz speaks to my soul and my soul says YES. Imagine that? I couldn't have given one whit about it previously, quite the opposite. I would turn it off faster than you could say "Round Midnight". 

Such fun!

The Boy Scout graduated from his program. He received his degree in Aboraculture/Landscape Management. As soon as he sits for his contractors license he will have earned the title of technical pruner. Being in the PNW there is no shortage in the need. Right now he is honing his skills on Japanese maples, Rhodys, and small forms of pines and evergreens. I am very proud of his tenacity over the last two years. He's had some big setbacks with his health but still managed.

Well into his 60's, he is living his best life. 

I will leave you with a poem that I enjoyed:





Comments

  1. Congrats to the Boy Scout -- I wish him great success in his new career. His reinvention of himself is inspiring! And sounds like you are having your own reinvention too -- resonating now with both Jazz and poetry? How wonderful! I think people often fear poetry and serious music because they think you need a lot of education or intellect to understand and appreciate it -- but that is absolutely not true! All anyone needs is to listen or read with their emotions -- let the music and the poetic imagery speak to you. Be open and receptive -- that's the true secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your guy and I like that poem. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the Boy Scout! I wish you/he lived closer because I need my lace leaf maple trimmed. I like poetry but jazz is too meandering for me. In books, I need a plot and in music, a melody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the Boy Scout. Well done, young man!

    Love that poem. It speaks to the soul!

    It is so good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Things I Have Learned