A Face In The Crowd

Most of us pare down as we get older. We streamline and default into doing the things that are most important to us. And since we are all different, those things vary greatly. Time with family, watching tv, not keeping the house quite so tidy, narrowing our friend groups (although nature has a way of doing that for us). 

It seems to me that many women opt for short hair that requires little to no styling. I like short hair, I always have but I, for whatever reason, am more of a long hair gal. My sisters all have longish hair too. I don’t style it much or spend a ton of time on it. The only reason I get a cut and color these days is because my sweet stylist daughter takes good care of her mama. She keeps me from looking like an old wild crone even if that is who I am.

The other night the Boy Scout and I went to see a movie. Afterwards, he made a pit stop and I made my way to the crowded lobby. Facing the hallway, I watched as he rounded to corner searching the crowd. Finally catching his eye, his face lights up with a big smile and he comes my way.

Later he tells me how he caught site of a gal with a big curly, messy bun on her head and realized it was me and how much my causal, boho ish, style has grown on him. 

Thankfully his Talbots woman 🤮 leanings are gone. I was never a Talbots kind of gal.

Comments

  1. I'm one of those short hair people although I've let it grow a bit as I've gotten older. Not much though! I have thick wavy hair and long hair isn't a great look for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had short hair forever. Long hair as a teen was enough for me.

    I love how “catching his eye, his face lights up with a big smile.” It says everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good he shared how much he appreciates your look. I chuckled at the 'Talbots woman' image...
    I've had super short hair for many years but decided last fall that I wanted to grow it out and wear it in a braid. Why? Who knows. Part of my old crone persona, I guess. The only downside is that I don't look as gay as I once did and the dykes don't check me out anymore. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten a hair cut since Covid started in 2019. My hair reaches to my waist but the only person who knows that is me...and now you.
    I twist it up into a messy bun Every. Single. Day.
    No ones sees my hair down. Some days I want to shave it all off. I'd love a crew cut, so easy to take care of. Other days I wish my hair was in some sort of style, but then I remember that a style goes along with blow drying and mousse and hair spray. I no longer have the patience for that sort of thing. Shampoo, conditioner, bun. It works for me at the moment. XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!