Home Is Where The Dogs Are

We made our trip home or, should I say, we visited the place that used to be home.

It was hectic, fast and rather hard on this introvert but we packed in a whole lot of love. My mother’s sister, who is the most wonderful, wise woman, is still living in the home that she has been in as long as I have been alive. She and her husband are getting close to not being able to care for themselves. Two of my sisters have stepped in to help, most assuredly prolonging their stay. When their tenure inside this home that holds so many memories is over, their son will move them closer to him in the San Diego area. If and when that happens I will probably never see them again but I won’t go down that rabbit hole. I dread that time but, of course, want whatever is best for them.

I schemed and managed to get my three sisters and their spouses, as well as my youngest daughter, into my aunts home in one afternoon. We had lunch and conversation. It warmed my heart. 

We golfed twice! It was fantastic to be back on the course in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.


Our dear friend Nancy was also a two-fer, having lunch one day and dinner on another. We try to spend as much time as we can as she is now 98 and starting to get a little frail. She still dresses smart, puts on full makeup, always has jewelry in place and is ready to discuss the latest bit of literature she is into. We don't take our time with her for granted.

Spent some sweet time with my youngest too♥

Finally my brother and his wife hosted us for a few hours. We sort-of spent the night by going to bed at 9pm but leaving for home at 3am. They were so gracious about that and they sent us home with a big bag of avocados which is always a treat.

All total, we were gone for 8 days. Three of those days were eaten by travel. We made the trip home in a straight 17 hours of driving. 

Not bad for two old coots.

We are home! We are where we are suppose to be and it feels good to know that.


Comments

  1. You have such a lovely smile. So glad you had a wonderful time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos and memories to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip and time spent with family. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a wonderful visit with family and great friends. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear