A Load Off My Mind

I finally did it!

I bit the bullet, sucked it up, swallowed the pill and took my medicine.

I went to the store and bought myself 4 pair of properly sized jeans. Jeans to fit my size butt, my size legs and my size stomach.

I have been one size all of my life but I have to admit a few things.

  • Somewhere, I always knew that if my metabolism ever slowed down I was shit out of luck. I would not be able to count on my ability to restrict my diet (hahhahaha!).
  • I have always been aware that I was wound as tight as a top. One burns a lot of energy being THAT kind of person. The over thinking of every stinking thing requires phenomenal amounts of energy. As I unwind, less energy is being expended.
  • My bod (my 60 year old bod) cannot do what it once did. I still move, I still stay pretty limber but I cannot run and, most honestly, I have no desire to join a gym.
  • Finally, what I find interesting is that as I become more content, the more peace in my life, I am just not that concerned with the weight I've gained. It's a sort of happy fat. Is there anything quite as nice as happy fat? I am sure there is but, so what, it's my story and I am sticking to it. 
Proudly wearing my new size.

Today I have reached a threshold. I am both embracing 60, and the peace that comes with it, and feeling a bit like a cat about to get a bath, four legs extended to the maximum, claws out, ready to escape out the nearest exit.

Can one be both? Apparently one can.

Comments

  1. Sheesh, most women would kill to be a size 8. You're still leading the pack, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Size 8! I remember the last time I wore a size 8...they were pastel Dittos! You are definitely rocking 60!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably wasn't a size 8 when I was 8! Count your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna say bite me Linda, but I love ya so I won't! 😀. Size 8 is better than 12 where I am so I'd take 8. I have NEVER in my life been an 8 even at 110lbs. I skipped that size in high school and went right to 10. Happy fat isn't so bad. I lived there once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am happy fat and no longer work at keeping at a size 2-4. (which would require a lot of starvation and denial)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear