Merci Beaucoup

As my wonderful circle of crones shared their wisdom, I listened. 

Never underestimate wise, discerning women and what they know intuitively in their minds, hearts and bodies. And at our best, we not only use our foresight and insight to lift up those around us up but we apply it to our own life too. 

I did talk to my girl. I shared my heart, my struggle and my lack of poise in this process. She listened and she responded with questions for clarity, thoughtful suggestions and sweet appreciation for the ability to talk about what is going on.

I talked to her about her grandpa Louie and why I didn’t share her journey with him. I wanted my girl to know it was not about shame or embarrassment or anything that reflects who my girl is in my mind but rather a strong dislike of Louie’s wife who is judgmental, narrow minded and so fucking sure of her “rightness” that there is little room for anything else. I find myself coming up short on my desire to be kind and have compassion for people when faced with her. I don’t like her. She hasn’t earned the right to hear my girls story. If Louie wants to know, he can ask me to coffee and we can talk.

Thank you for your words. You were right.

Comments

  1. Love good counsel. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you were open with your daughter and that she was understanding about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your daughter and you discussed this important topic and, I'm sure, grew even closer because of it. In my experience, LGBTQ+ people love to know that friends and family are concerned (in a supportive way) about our issues and want our input in knowing how to handle them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so very glad you spoke. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you had a good talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you and your daughter spoke. I send you both love and comfort on this journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear