A Big Fat NO!

There's a plastic box in the garage where I store them all. We both have a number of pairs, used for different reasons. Heavy duty, light weight, thorn resistant, in small and large.

I pull my favorite work gloves out of the box. I slip the left one on, snug but not too, and dip my right hand into the other. But wait!! My hand encounters something soft, very soft and I quickly pull it back out to take a look. 

Low and behold, a half dollar size spider web containing about 3 dozen tiny baby spiders scampering around. 

I do the dance. You know? The dance! Admit it......you've done the dance once or twice yourself. I throw the dirty bastards down to the ground and dance a little more. 

Boy Scout picks up the glove, maneuvers to the trash can to forcefully empty out the contents. He comes back to me with a smile, the man taking care of his woman. The smile falters as I turn to walk away. Pulling on a different but well inspected glove, I mumble, "Those are dead to me".

I am not a killer of spiders in general. I've been known to rescue them from a sink or tub. And even, on occasion, purposefully ignore their presence in a plant or back of a bookcase but this is one step too far. 

I have a line and it's been crossed. Spiders beware!



Comments

  1. I'm surprised you didn't scream. I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the worst. I have a box of assorted gloves too (usually one ends up missing so they wind up being mix and match). But the spider would do me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rescue spiders too, but I may have gone the same route as you if they were in my gardening gloves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned