Hello Again

While contemplating surrender and other exercises that aid in achieving inner peace, I breathe deeply and look outside in order to greet the new day.

The thick mist sits so low today that only the tips of the tallest trees reach high enough to watch the sunrise with me. I am in good company. The surrounding mountains are keeping watch, softened by a grey haze that is promising to lift before that great golden ball peeks over the top. 

The fruit trees are starting to bloom all over town and I feel the excitement of what will be our first spring in Oregon. I’m told it is beautiful. 

It’s freezing outside, quite literally 32°, and there is smoke billowing from chimneys here and there, a still foreign sight for this Southern California girl. Loads of homes have fireplaces back home but the bulk of them go unused or very rarely fired up. Many of them get filled with decor. Mine was a nifty bookshelf. Not here though. After getting my gas bill I understand why they are so popular. 

I will leave you with some signs of spring. 






Comments

  1. Nice! You are so much closer to Spring than we are. Still in the midst of winter here. It snowed again today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. Hardly any snow but chilly chilly.

      Delete
  2. Where are you southern California girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moved to Portland Toni. I thought about you as we were driving through your town. Wishing you well.

      Delete
  3. It's lovely seeing signs of spring somewhere. We will soon. Meanwhile, I'll hold Portland in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is so beautiful there. I am so looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too. It will be a nice reprieve to this longish winter.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the pen portrait and for the beautiful photographs. Here in central Scotland, some green tips are appearing on bushes, and this past week, daffodils and crocuses have taken over from snowdrops. xxx Morag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you blog Morag? I'd love to see pictures.

      Delete
  6. The signs of spring are beautiful. I'm sure you will enjoy your first spring in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be lovely when it is warm and you will appreciate it like never before! I'm heading north to the tundra and dreading it. It will be cold, it will be snowing and I will want to turn around and come back home :-) Happy Wednesday Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so beautiful there. What a wonderful place for a walk to soak it all in. We had snow yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! We had three large plum trees in our yard in PDX--when they were blooming, we could smell them from down the street! I hope your first Oregon spring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have one too. I can't wait to see the first flowers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear