Are You Alright?

My youngest texted me the other day to say she wanted to facetime in an hour. She lovingly let me know it was nothing bad, just something she wanted to share.

When we finally get connected, my Gigi said that she had a client that was processing so she called her Pop and asked him to come over and visit for awhile. They went next-door and got a coffee and then went to the salon's back room to chat. She says to me, "Look what he gave me." and points to a necklace that is a tiny wrench with a little gemstone. She smiles and says that it doesn't matter what her father gives her, that she loves it no matter what because she knows he puts thought in to it. She puts that wrench right around her neck to show him how much she loves it. This girl is so tender with that man. I do not believe that she has one ounce of resentment about what happened. She accepts, has forgiven and loves him completely. Amazing!

The subject of our trans daughter comes up in their conversation. He says to Gigi that he doesn't really understand but that he loves her so very much that it doesn't matter. Then he begins to cry and expresses his sorrow that we didn't know the truth while she was in high school where it would have been so much easier for her to transition. Truthfully, I don't think she knew at that time. I don't think she knew it was a possibility. He feels regret at many things, many of them probably related to his addiction and being very absent for a good number of years. She says to him that he needs to remember that he helped bring 4 really good people into this world. She reminds him that he was a good father. My girl just sat and held space for her father and shared her heart too.

And to think I was worried about his reaction. 

So much love.....I am blessed by so much love.

PS. Now we just have to figure out how to talk to grandpa Louie.

Comments

  1. It's good to know that went well. Very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like all of your children have thrived. Despite some bumps, they know they were raised by loving, accepting parents. Grampa Louie will undoubtedly be taken aback by the news but he'll readjust his sails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your ex was accepting and loving, your daughter is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your daughter is finding support so far! I suspect it's never easy to transition, no matter what age you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say? You said it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope love will help Grandpa to accept you wonderful young woman as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. Good luck with grandpa Louie--I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear