Here We Go Again

I’m sitting in the car about to go into my next interview. The horrible anxiety I felt at the beginning of this process has eased and I am able to find a center before going in to find out if this particular group of people find me worthy. Such an abandoned child point of view. I wish I could go in with the feeling that they are lucky I am here and, if they act real smart, I might just accept them. That mindset is elusive. 

Deep breathe.  

The interview yesterday went well. I think I could do the job. Overall, it suited me well, with flexible hours, casual dress and very close to home, but then she asked how I would do on the phone with non-sober people (it was a recovery center). I faked my way thru that even as my anxiety amped up. I have empathy, I really do, but I didn’t realize that the bookkeeper would have to interact with addicts and drunks. “Not REAL often”, she says to me. Somehow, with the emphasis on REAL, I didn’t feel comforted. This body, with its trauma memory, is not keen on interacting with non-sober people, but I have grown a lot so maybe I would surprise myself. Ah well, they haven’t called yet so I will let it go…for now. 

Job search at 58😫

In I go……wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Wishing you much luck! may there be a good fit all around and the awareness that they'd be very lucky to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get the impression she was too interested in me. That's ok.

    On to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a job that you will love and that the employers will appreciate all of your talents and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If not this one, the right one is out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things went well. I wonder if the "having to speak with non sober folks" job was put in your path for growth or something you need to do. I've had those and I go in kicking and screaming and then learn, HA. I needed that to learn this. Or I could just be full of shit Linda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of felt like I'd had enough of that "learning" but you never know, do you?

      XOX

      Delete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear