PNW

We drive along the road and one of us looks at the other and we say, "We live here!", smiling broadly. The other knows...it's kind of like pinching ourselves at the beauty.

If I say "home", it usually is referring to our little town by the beach. I miss my city and I miss my friends more than I can say but the scenery, the beauty and the water is a novelty that I hope never wears off.

I am adapting.

Moments of absolute loneliness are just that...momentary. 

Portland is complex. As much as the nation is divided, I can honestly say that Portland is a amplified stereotype of that division. The liberals are LIBERAL and the conservatives are.....Ultra. For many years now I have considered myself liberal but I shrink in comparison, which is fine. That being said, it is a contentious area. I don't like that part of it but, so far, it is nice to be here.

We've joined PFLAG which is a nationwide organization committed to building bridges between families and allies with the LGBTQ+ communities. Portland's PFLAG community is vibrant and passionate and I am excited to be a part and learning more. Also thrilled to get to know a few more people in town. You can learn more about PFLAG HERE.

Happy Friday!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you are happily adjusting to your new city. Portland, I'm told, has so very much to offer and it sounds like you are discovering it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn’t take long to pick up on the vibe in an area and get a sense of the “terrain” so to speak. Reaching out to various groups is how I settled here and found new friends. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PFLAG is a great and worthy organization! Good for you for getting involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are adapting to life in Portland. Oregon is such a beautiful place to live. It is so good that you are getting involved with local groups. It's one of the best ways to really start to make a place feel like home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great group to join! Awesome that you are getting involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do they still say, 'Keep Portland weird?' Portland was a wonderful place for me to heal from some stuff and I will always be glad I lived there. Glad you found a place to get involved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!