Letting It Soak In


 Moments of quiet and healing, a bath has always been my go to. Happy, sad, overwhelmed or just chilled to the bone, the water calls my name. 

Just yesterday (or was it a year ago) I could turn on that water and no matter where she was, my old girl would run as fast as her body would take her, to get into that room before I closed the door. Of course I would always wait but she didn’t seem to know that. After squeezing through the teeniest of openings, she would spin three or four times on to whatever piece of clothing I would drop on the floor. Soon after, the snores commenced. If a frenchie is good at anything, it is snoring…..well that and making their owners laugh. 

This morning, during a good soak, out of the corner of my eye, my pile of clothes tricked me into thinking she was there, adoring me, just as I adored her. 

Not so! It was a dirty trick. But I smiled at the memory of my sweet companion.  

Me and sophie at her second favorite place; the golf course ⛳️ 


Happy Thursday my friends. 

Comments

  1. It's wonderful to have happy memories of our furry people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still miss my dogs but their photos always brings out a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gypsy was my bathroom buddy. It didn't matter why I was there, he was, too. What a sweet memory to share -- and to remind me, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes our good memories sustain us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet memories, and a terrific photo of you and Sophie. Full of joy! Thanks for sharing. Morag

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear