No Place Like Home

Been busy. 

I've painted two full rooms, including closets (ugh), cleared a slow moving drain with a hand auger, mounted a TV to the wall in the living room, emptied boxes galore and organized and tidied till my body yelled surrender at the end of each day. The Boy Scout worked just as hard but out in the garage and yard.

The best thing we did was host a guest. My youngest came to visit and it was fantastic. I loved being with her and just having her near. This little peanut of a girl takes up so much of my heart. Can't wait to see the rest of the family. 

Had dinner with some new friends that I am quickly falling in love with. Married 64 years and still kind to each other, Winnie and Andrew are just lovely people, and just by coincidence, they spent 20 years in Ojai before retiring as a superintendent of schools and a teacher. Ojai is one city over from the home we just left. The Boy Scout worked up there the last couple of years and we frequented the local public golf course as often as we could. It's nice to have quite a few friends in common.

Our new house is fun, a work in progress. I have visions of doing this and that but feel like I need a break after moving twice in two months. A new roof is first on the orders of to do's. So glad that that will be a professional. Not cheap but at least it wasn't a surprise like the gas leak that left us without heat, cooking, laundry and hot water for 5 days and took a big chunk of the money I have set aside.

That's the latest from Milwaukie Oregon. Hope you are all well.

Comments

  1. Sounds like things are progressing well, and that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you found some new people to be your people 😀 ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are settling in to your new home in Oregon, already making friends, and enjoying the sweet company of your youngest. Life sounds so good there, even with that bummer of a gas leak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are settling in nicely there, Linda. Imagine meeting people there with whom you have friends in common! The hard work is paying off by the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful joyful post! I am so glad that your daughter came to visit and that you've met some new friends! I am so happy for you to be settling in! And glad you have heat, etc again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're doing well. Sounds like everything is falling in to place. Have a wonderful day and new month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not a contest to finish it fast. Take the break and you'll be all the more ready to dig in. I am reading a lot of joy in this post -- and that's what matters most!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned