Asking For A Friend

 Much better now. 

Good friends who hold you accountable and help lead you to a healing, happier place are worth their weight in gold. It took every bit of my will power to call her up and tell her I was not doing well. When I did, my best girlfriend didn’t say, “Yeah, you’re right to be mad. They’re such assholes.” She said your feelings are valid but are they true? She wanted to talk about the situation from both seats, theirs and mine.  Then she reminded me that I go out of my way to look OK on the outside and that the people who love me might not even know I am struggling. 

She was right and I am grateful.  

Comments

  1. Glad you're feeling more positive now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. The look OK and not say otherwise gig. Been there, done that, often still do. It's a nasty trap. Your friend is wise. (But you still deserve a pity party, at least a little!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good friend. Another hug going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you have this wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very wise and loving friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all could use friends like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Don't Be A Bob

Let's Be Perfectly Clear