Moving Along

I’m coming out on the other side of resentment and anger. It was a process and it is a glorious feeling. 

Family were here helping us the last two weekends. They came and installed a wall and a kitchenette. The garage remodel into an ADU, after well over a year, is finally complete. Just in time to walk away. There is a twinge of sadness that after all the time, work and money spent, somebody else will reap the rewards but I’m on a new journey and I have to chose whether I stay in my victim role or whether I embrace the unknown. Victimhood is always going to lead to unhappiness, so I shifted.

It doesn’t mean I’m not scared, but it means I can see that there is potential for good things as well as negative. I get the opportunity to really test my new skills of living in the moment, building community, making friends and finding some form of gratitude in any situation. I’m feeling stronger.

It helps, too, that my girl, who will remain here, has really taken charge of her career and is growing in leaps and bounds in confidence and emotional maturity. I’m in awe of her relationship skills and fantastic boundaries. It would be that much harder to leave if it were otherwise. 

House on the market before the 15th. If the other houses on the street are any indication, escrow will open before the 20th. Pacific Northwest here we come. Me, my Boy Scout and Scruffy will be starting a new adventure.  




PS.  I’m heartbroken to know that Anne Marie will not be there, ever in my corner cheering me on, and hosting my favorite Saturday Night Dance Parties. Wherever she is, she will be FIGHTING for the downtrodden and disenfranchised, wrapped up in a rainbow shawl and DANCING like nobody's watching. Thank you, my friend, for being wonderful you and for reminding me I could do it....... no matter what.

Comments

  1. Dear Linda, This is Anne Marie's husband, RTG. Thank you for your thoughts and yes I believe she is still fighting for all of us on another plain of existence. I wish you best of luck with your ongoing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realtors arrive today for our sale. Sucks to HAVE to move instead of WANT to move. I too am living it as you know and I am trying to see this as an adventure for us as a couple and a brand new chapter that may become one I just love. Who knows. Fear is what I fight off minute by minute though. Don't ditch those sunglasses though, even though it's dark most of the months you will find that any brightness at all will require you to have your sunglasses. It was a wild phenon. for me to discover. I think you're going to have a helluva good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read that you've got a happier, more upbeat feeling now about new beginnings. Good luck with the house sale and move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that everything will work out fine for you all. I know that you will find the right place because as soon as you see it, you will know it. It's an adventure and I wish the best. Make sure to bring some treats for Scruffy, he has a lot of sniffing to do on this adventure. :) Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it all goes well for you and the Boy Scout. Portland is a beautiful city. The first time I moved there was in 1972, and I have lived in the northwest on and off since then. I am looking forward to reading about your move there. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks that the renos are done just as you put the house on the market. The reno looks beautiful and I hope you find a lovely place to live and thrive further north.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'd be really weird if you were not scared. But it takes guts, grit, and wisdom to recognize the fear and move on anyway. Well done, you. I am rooting for you, Boy Scout, and Scruffy! May you find peace, joy, community, and love in this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’ve come through some dark times but you sound so much more positive now. Yay, Linda! The best is yet to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All my best wishes for this move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a wrenching experience you've lived these times and now onward to something new and exciting. Who knows what -- at least you sort of know where. I admire you so much. You are strong and you will endure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I moved from New York State to Central Florida when I was 62. I'm not going to say it was easy. It takes a while to fit in, to adjust, to unpack (!) and for new things to become familiar. However, it was such a good move for us. I have high hopes for you! Sometimes you have to shake things up. I lived in the Pacific Northwest when I was in middle school. I can't imagine a more beautiful or wonderful place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear