A Day To Remember

Saturday was our anniversary. Woohoo! I admitted to him that I never thought we'd make it. We have and it's going better all the time.

We took a drive down to my old stomping grounds. We headed to Pasadena, where I had lived with the Secret Keeper for a number of years, and the surrounding areas near the foothills. In Southern California, the San Gabriel Mountains run somewhat parallel to the Pacific Ocean. They are the reason we could boast of being able to snow ski in the morning and head to Santa Monica for some beach time in the afternoon. It is that close.

We had a fabulous lunch in Pasadena and headed to Old Town Monrovia. After strolling the streets for awhile, we skipped over to Sierra Madre, where I have wonderful memories of beautiful hikes. Sierra Madre made me feel like I had gone back in time to my childhood. Tiny little town, quieter roads, older homes. Lo and behold, the Boy Scout spots.......wait for it........a golf course. Yup! A little 9 hole course and the next thing I know we are out there hitting balls (or at least I was trying). It was fun.

We spent a good part of the ride down talking about what we loved about each other. The ride home was spend talking about what we are grateful for. 

6 years and counting.....it was a day well spent.

Comments

  1. Happy anniversary! What a wonderful, happy post. I'm just thrilled for you. And it sounds like a great day. (I also love your felted mice and they inspire me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Love to you both!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you both! It sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both! Your day sounds like it was a grand one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to celebrate your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful day--for many reasons :-) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary and it sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear