Doing It By The Book.

The isolation caused by this pandemic can be hard but I consider myself pretty lucky. I've been able to work, we've continued to golf, my youngest is still home and we have our neighbors.

Yesterday we started a bookclub. Sitting outside in the wind and chilly temps, spaced safely away from each other, we sat with hats and blankets and discussed the book of choice. The Clearing by Tim Gautreaux is not my taste in books but it lead to a great discussion. Three chapters in, I am already looking forward to next Sunday.

As we sat around, agreeing and disagreeing, bringing new light to otherwise overlooked characters, I felt a great sense of community, something I've longed for all my life and struggled to find. Who would have thought that one could find community in a time of world pandemic? 

I have long been asking for it and the Universe finally responded, letting me know that time was now and that I am ready to be a contributing part of a group. Emotionally more sober and not needing my feelings to be cared for by another, I am on pretty solid ground. Feels good.

Comments

  1. in addition to the items mentioned in your first paragraph, you have a house, food to eat, heat/light, clothing to wear, your health. so many people don't have these items. and a book club sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne Marie. I know how lucky I am over all. I was just talking about isolation specifically. I am aware of the suffering of my brothers and sister that walk this precarious walk and hope that I do my part to ease the help.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great book club. I love a book club. Ours hasn’t met since last February. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to go to a bookclub meeting when we first moved over here. It was good, I do miss it but our library is still closed for things like that. Enjoy it, hope the book is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How affirming, this post. Yes, isn't it wonderful when we don't have to "try" so hard -- we can just "be."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!