Fly-By-Night

As a young girl I used to leave my body.

I could fly. 

I had forgotten this fact until the Boy Scout brought it up awhile back. He, too, could leave his body. I am not quite sure what it was, perhaps just a vivid imagination, but I remember flying down the street and the feeling of swaying back and forth using my tiny feet quite like fish tail. I remember that strange floaty feeling in my stomach from rising and dropping back down and also the wind in my hair, which wasn't very long at the time.

In addition to the physical sensations, I remember being very present, noticing details that I wouldn't normally notice. Birds, squirrels and bugs stood out, as well as shapes of trees and colors of houses and the sky. I feel like I saw beauty everywhere.

How could I have possibly forgotten these experiences? It felt kind of Peter Pan-ish, wonderful to revisit something I did fairly regularly for a short period of time.

Since we both did it, I wondered.....did you ever leave your body? 

Comments

  1. I used to have vivid flying dreams. I would struggle to get off the ground but once I did it was amazing. If a landed in a dream, I couldn’t fly again in the same dream. But it always felt so real and I know a few times, as a child, upon awakening, I thought I could really fly, if I could just figure out the life off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've never had those kind of dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an experience when I had pneumonia as a child. I was on a cloud, there was a tunnel and a light ahead. I’ll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. But I always wanted to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! I never had an experience like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dreamed I could fly once which was amazing, but no, never while awake. Did you leave your body to get away from something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Lily, I am one of the lucky ones. My childhood was not so bad that it required me to do that.

      Delete
  7. No. Never. And now I'm jealous. How wonderful that sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, often as a child. I remember going higher and higher by some simple arm movements. When I was in my twenties I suddenly remembered it and was incredibly sad that I had forgotten how to

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had very vivid dreams, but even in those dreams, I never flew. Lucky I guess, because I am afraid of heights. What does happen sometimes is that I know things. I'm not sure how it happens, but sometimes I just instantly know things. I have always had a tendency to try to logic it out, and point out how ridiculous these unfounded notions are, but it is very disconcerting to find out later that those notions were spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish. There were a few years there that were dark and I'd have enjoyed that escape.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Don't Be A Bob

Let's Be Perfectly Clear