Turn Inside Out

WORD FOR THE DAY

Be the most ethical, the most responsible, the most authentic you can be with every breath you take, because you are cutting a path into tomorrow that others will follow.

KEN WILBER

I don't know about the following part and it doesn't really matter. I am finally learning to be me. Finally figuring out who that is, minus the scars that bound me so tight that I could barely move. Those old wounds that required me to don protective armor every waking hour.

So, that is my job for the moment and all the moments I have left. The bonus is that while doing so, my relationships with others are becoming more clearly defined. I love more unconditionally and create imperfect boundaries, which are better than no boundaries at all, so that the difficult people in my life are easier to care for and easier to separate from. No is a complete sentence. 

This is an enormous undertaking to start at 56. I would envy those who started lifetimes before me but that is a waste of energy and I don't have the luxury of extra time to throw that direction. 

I'm heading inward. How lucky I am to be taking this journey with others that started long before me, whose paths are already well established. I get to walk with you for awhile.  

Happy Sunday! 

Comments

  1. so glad you started on the journey! we are here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quote. Someone I love was in a relationship with inauthentic people and lost herself in their madness. She found herself though and made changes which have made her really happy. Better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Be not another if thou canst be thyself" -- Paracelsus. That's MY favourite quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, "No is a complete sentence." It took me years to learn that and not feel guilty. No problem these days and like my wife says, don't have any time for BS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is a journey. Grateful to walk thru it with you ...even if only from afar. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear