Nasty Woman? I'll Take It

The other day on the golf course, speaking to the foursome in front of us......

Me: Great day to be golfing.

70 something Gent: It is. A little on the warm side.

Me: Can't complain.

70 something Gent: Those guys (pointing to the two men in my threesome) had the right idea. At least they brought something good to look at..........................................

Me: (mouth open, astounded)

Now, I am woman who loves fiercely, I have rich  friendships, I have great business relationships, with people that know they can depend on me, that have lasted for more than 30 years, I have, until recently, had an abundant income, I am decently intelligent, give to charities I believe in and care about the human condition. Oh, and apparently, at 56, I am easy on the eyes. Or perhaps not and I was suppose to be grateful for a thrown out compliment.

If it was only a problem of a generation that is slowly dying out that would be one thing but, alas, that is not necessarily the case. It continues as young men are not taught that women are thinking, feeling people and not just fuck objects. Not all, I know that, but too many...way too many.

We've come a long way baby, but the road ahead is still rocky.


Comments

  1. JFC, HOW FUCKING RUDE OF THAT DUDE! true, you ARE a pretty woman. but his remark was unwelcome. my response would have been: "these are my brothers. this is not west virginia. STFU!"

    that's why I like having gay male friends; they don't see you as a fucktoy, but as an intelligent, confident woman, a friend, a confidant, a buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn’t agree more. Frustrating and infuriating every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know we are. It’s ok. Friends can disagree. 💜💜💜

      Delete
  4. That is inappropriate. You are far more gracious than I if you ignored it. I would have been said, dripping with sarcasm, "I heard that and thank you SO much. It's nice to know that I in addition to being philanthropic and intelligent and that I not only outearn and can outplay them, but that I look pretty good too."

    Because sometimes I can be snotty as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a seventy year old patient hitting on me. I wanted to say, "Dude, I'm only 57!"

    Some men, despite their age, think with their dicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are always jerks around and they tend to be males. My wife calls it the Y problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men are quite Visual... and some are lewd, tho' others don't intend to offend and sincerely think it's a compliment to tell a Woman she looks Nice, it would perhaps depend on whose saying it and how they're coming across. As someone whose come a long way Baby, from when early on in my Corporate Lives few Women were in positions of Authority and chauvinism and sexual harassment ran rampant, I do feel more Men are sensitive and respectful, but perhaps I'm just running into more Gentlemen as I'm Aging... who knows? If you're easy on the Eyes as a Senior, whether Male or Female, that's not such a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned