Let It Go

 I am sitting at the beach this morning and doing my meditation. It’s gorgeous out.

People walking, people running, the water is glassy so only a few surfers are out this morning. The homeless and the strung out are here too. Honestly, if I were homeless I’d live here. We rarely get too hot and we rarely get too cold.

I was thinking about a conversation with my daughter. She was struggling a bit and I wanted to give her advice but instead I tried to listen. This morning I again start thinking about things I could say to her that might help and then I realized that the biggest way I can help is just to give her the unconditional love that every person on this planet needs. It’s her job to learn to love herself and that will be her path to walk the rest of her life. While I’m around I will continue to try to be Mom in the truest sense of the word.

It’s freeing, to let go of her problem, and just love. And it allows me to sit here and enjoy this beautiful morning.

Life is good.
Good morning from Ventura  

Comments

  1. (sings) ventura highway, in the sunshine, where the days are longer, the nights are stronger than moonshine

    such a peaceful setting; enjoy it fully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doo da doo doo, doo da doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo,

      Delete
  2. Yes, I suppose if she wants advice, she'll ask for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, not all of us moms learned that lesson.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Coming from you....I take that as a real compliment. Thanks Bill. Happy Sunday.

      Delete
  4. It is indeed. What a beautiful place to meditate. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every place has it beauty but home is home.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful photo. When we would drive south to visit my mom in Thousand Oaks, we always drove through Ventura. The drive between Santa Barbara and there is so lovely. Thank you for reminding me. Unconditional love is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear