Real Love

LOVE YOURSELF......they are just words. They have no influence, no power.

But learning to truly love yourself is life changing. Not in the narcissistic, self indulgent way. It's not feeding yourself to feel good, not buying something for yourself because you deserve it, and certainly not being selfish. 

It's way different. I am going to describe it, for me, even though you may well have it. I am only learning...taking baby steps.

I compare self love to the love I have for my children. It is completely unconditional. It loves them just as they are and it wants the best for them. My love for my kids sits and waits for them to come to their own realization of growth and maturity, it allows them their bumps and falls and then it tells them it'll be ok. 

Imagine giving yourself that complete, unconditional love every day. Looking in the mirror and saying, "Good morning, I love you so much". Not critiquing the wrinkles or zits. I never look at my kids faces to find the imperfections. I look at them and see.....my heart.

I am practicing, giving myself the freedom to be imperfect, to say what I need, to look in the mirror and see love.

Self love will allow me to let go of what I don't need. It will open up my world to meet people and develop fabulous relationships.
It'll free the people around me to be themselves and it will free me to walk away from what is not good for me. Isn't that gorgeous?

Do you practice? Are you good at it? Got any tips for this beginner?

Comments

  1. been self-loving for almost 20 years now. took me a long time to get there. one song I like to play is "being green"; I chose the lena horne version cause such a voice!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvZR6DTbq8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the journey too. Learning to say what I need when I have always been the “strong one” has been tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving others well begins with loving oneself well, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So they say but I missed that lesson in school.

      Delete
  4. My only tip is being gentle with yourself. Honest but gentle. We all make mistakes or do something silly or didn't do something we probably should have. Forgiving ourselves is powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear