Peace Bro!

From better days when they were buddies.
My dogs are fighting....really fighting.

When we got the puppy, our Frenchie Sophie would put Scruffy in her place but Scruffy gave the proper respect and nothing more happened. One day about three weeks ago, Scruffy had enough and fought back. Frenchies are tough, tenacious beings so now, when they are together, we have a fight. A big fight.

All three of us humans have been bruised and bit trying to break the fights up. The fact of the matter is, this Frenchie is 9 years old. She has arthritis and a bad leg, but does she give in? Oh no, it's a fight to the death. Scruffy ends us with Sophie in her mouth and shaking her violently. It is very upsetting, leaves me shaking and wondering where it will end.

My sister tells me she had a friend who, for 7 years, had to make sure her two dogs did not SEE each other! Lord, this is untenable.

I've got a call into a behaviorist that is, wait for it......$175.00 for one freakin hour. But that is only if I take the dogs to her, which I think would be pointless. They are fighting for top dog at home.

$@*%
!!!!!

Comments

  1. Oh dear! That must be very upsetting. I hope the animal behaviourist can solve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. The older one was the head of everything and wants to put the little one in it's place in the pack. The little one doesn't want any of it. Funny from the outside to see how a pack leader deals with this but it would be awful to see in person. I hate seeing dogs fight. Good luck. Where is Cesar Milan when you need him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s distressing! Good luck with it Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is not good. Maybe you're right, it's a battle for top dog. When I had dogs, they played rough sometimes but not viciously. Maybe you can get some advice from the animal shelter. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Adie....do you have a blog I can follow back? I'd love to get to know you.

      Delete
  6. That sounds so difficult. Real fights. I remember Gypsy trying to be alpha cat with Stimpy (who was able to take him on) but he was still pretty fit and there seemed to be much play too. And lots of co-cuddles and curl ups later. Good luck -- got to nip that one in the bud.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear