Do You Stand?

Megan Rapinoe said, "I'm not going to the fucking White House".

Some took that as the ultimate offense but did they look at why she said what she did? We have a president who has repeatedly made comments that objectify women in the worst ways (*see below). In a time where we had been moving forward in our society, becoming more accepting, even if slowly, we are now taking great strides backwards on many levels.

Megan is gay woman. Please tell me why in the world anybody thinks this lady should pay her respects to this president? What has this man done to deserve it? Just holding an office is not enough. We have had and still have world leaders that deserve not ONE IOTA of respect. 

Over and over again, he has made it clear how the most valuable aspect of a woman is her looks. He would date his own daughter because..."Yeah, she's really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren't happily married and, ya know, her father... ,"  In addition to that we have his record on LGBTQ issues such as the ban on transgender soldiers in the military that went into effect in April...and go here for more More Discriminatory Actions. taken. Plus one should never forget that, "There were good and bad people on both sides."

While it may or may not have been my choice in language, she is taking a stand and taking a lot of crap while doing it. History tells us that there is no such thing as social change without the people who are willing to push back and take the crap. Just open any Facebook feed and see how many times she is being referred to as a "CUNT". 

As for me, I stand with her. I am not well educated, not incredibly articulate, but I know right from wrong. This is wrong. On equal pay for women, being outspoken that objectification of women is unacceptable especially from the highest office, on LGBTQ rights, on supporting the people who are daring to push back in a very open and public way....I stand with them.

*On Hillary Clinton
"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?” [April 16, 2015]

On Clinton taking a bathroom break at a Democratic debate: "I know where she went, it's disgusting, I don't want to talk about it … No, it's too disgusting. Don't say it, it's disgusting." [Dec. 21, 2015]

"Does she look presidential, fellas? Give me a break." [Sept. 6, 2016]

On Steffi Graf
"You never get to the face because the body's so good." [Sept. 23, 2004]

On Megyn Kelly
"She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever." [Aug. 7, 2015]

"Bimbo." [Aug. 7, 2015]

On Bette Midler
"While @BetteMidler is an extremely unattractive woman, I refuse to say that because I always insist on being politically correct." [Oct. 28, 2012]

On Melania Trump, his wife
When asked if he would stay with her if she was disfigured in a car crash: "How do the breasts look?" [April 11, 2005]

On the women of The Apprentice
“It's certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on The Apprentice were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal." [2004]

On Carly Fiorina
"Look at that face. Would anybody vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?" [Sept. 9, 2015]

On women, generally
"Women have one of the great acts of all time. The smart ones act very feminine and needy, but inside they are real killers. The person who came up with the expression 'the weaker sex' was either very naive or had to be kidding. I have seen women manipulate men with just a twitch of their eye — or perhaps another body part." [1997]

"26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military — only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?" [May 7, 2013]

To a female reporter: "We could say, politically correct, that look doesn't matter, but the look obviously matters. Like you wouldn't have your job if you weren't beautiful." [2014]

"I've got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." [2005]

Comments

  1. Tell it like it is, Megan! Very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with her 100%. I always agree with her message just not her behavior or the way the message is sent. But hey that's just my issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stand with her too. I wouldn't go to the White House under this president for any reason but add to the fact that Megan is gay and with his record? Oh, I think not. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People have to fight for what's right and Megan is so right when it comes to the immature orange man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her response would have been my response had anyone invited me to the WH. DJT only invites the athletes as a photo op. He doesn't give a shit about any of them...male, female, gay or straight. The WH serves them fast food. Fast Food?!? Are you fucking kidding me??? They're athletes!! They don't eat that crap. I say good for her for speaking her mind. Do I stand with her?? Hell yes I stand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stand with her (and you), too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Don't Be A Bob

Let's Be Perfectly Clear