Freedom!

I got a new car last week.

My old mom car is being retired. It served me well. Eleven years, 200K miles, 4 kids, one Bernese mountain dog, one Frenchie and a whole lot of life took place inside of that Ford Flex that I call the Rootbeer Float. We’ve laughed, cried and travelled life’s road within those 5 doors. I sought out solace and easing of my pain inside that car after my divorce. I remember sitting and crying in the foothills above my city after my first date with the Boy Scout. Even an enjoyable night out was accompanied by pain after losing what had been my dreams. More recently the Rootbeer Float accommodated that ever expanding volume of shit that sustains a long day of golf for two people.

I still love that car but I don’t quite trust it anymore and, above all else, this girl values trust.

My new car, a trusty Toyota, is much smaller and fun to drive.

My favorite feature? The car doors all automatically lock the second I get in and shut them. LOVE IT!  Oh, and the 44 miles to the gallon ain’t bad.

What one feature do you love about your car?


Comments

  1. Congrats on the new car! I'm a Toyota fan myself -- my last two cars have been Toyotas. They are well-made cars, good on gas, easy to park and run well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 2010 kia soul I bought used last june; 4 more years of car payments, but who cares. I can sit and swing in/out of the driver's seat without having to lift my arthritic lower body (and fat ass) out of a bucket seat. an important feature as we age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that we don't have one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bright red 2014 Toyota Scion XB. I love that car! The gas mileage is good, it's roomy, and the color still makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new car. Now you will begin to make new memories with it. I don't have a car but ride the bus, I love it. I had a Ford Ranger for 24 years and sold it before I moved here. I was sad and felt like I lost a close friend. All the pets we had traveled up to Alaska in the truck when we moved there, 2 dogs and 4 cats. When we left Alaska we had a new crew of pets to ride with us, 2 dogs and a cat. Lots of happy memories. Good luck with your new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lock feature as I walk away and the unlock as I approach. Wish you happy travels in your new wheels, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Toyota Rav 4. There are so many things I love about it - push button start, heated seats, back up camera, four-wheel drive, nifty way it unlocks when I just put my hand under the handle... Congratulations on your new vehicle, from someone who loves Toyotas. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heated seats was non negotiable. The best ever.

      Delete
  8. My trusty Toyota is a 2001, bruised, battered and only 150,000 miles so I'll drive it till it drops or I do. What I love most about it is that it is a manual because I love shifting it (except I learned with Rick's foot injury, a manual can be a problem if both your feet don't work!) Congratultions on your new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie. Love me a stick too but haven't had one in awhile.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. That is the one that kept me from replacing the Rootbeer Float sooner. Ah well.

      Delete
  10. My truck can haul our camper pretty much anywhere we'd want to go. I get terrible gas mileage when towing, but it better than doubles when not towing. Plus it's got a few creature comforts I'll appreciate come winter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear