Tatas or Cha-Chas

Whatever you want to call them, I just had my latest mammogram. 

I learned a few things today. I had always assumed that because my breasts are nearly NON-EXISTENT that I didn’t have much to worry about in regards to cancer. I just figured that any lump would be incredibly easy to spot, so that it would likely be caught early. Not the case at all. It depends far more on what type of breast you have: fatty, scattered fibroglandular, heterogeneously dense or extremely dense. The mammogram will spot a lump in a fatty breast far easier than the others because the others are made up of material that can sort of hide cancer in the screening.

Good to know. I might be able to spot a lump easier myself but not so much the machine. Nowadays, they have ultrasound screening that can augment the regular mammogram for those with the breasts made of dense material.

All my life I thought, “Well, yeah, I’m pretty flat but those gorgeous things that guys love so much could be hiding something dangerous”. Nope!  No boobs and dense breasts. I was not the BIG WINNER in the last LOTTO and I was not the big winner in the breast game. Ah well.

It’s ok. As I age, I see the bennies of being less well endowed. My bras are cheap and no one notices when I go without.

On a lighter note, nicknames I really don’t like: mud flaps, norks and chesticles. 

Got any originals?


Comments

  1. I gots da big ones and have my "press-n-clean" (as I call the mammo) every january. nothing found so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! Press and clean....never heard that one before.

      Delete
  2. Mud flaps, norks and chesticles. lol

    Mine are sports socks with tennis balls inside. Thst is how they look now.

    I had my mammogram in October and everything was clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good girl! SPORTS SOCKS!!!!!! Whahahahahhahaa

      Delete
  3. I've heard a joke that says:
    My wife used to have breasts. Now she only has the sacks that they came in.
    That would be me, only have the sacks they came in. And what's a "Nork"???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? What the heck is a nork? So she goes to google and....

      Norks
      Breasts. Australian slang. Derived from the prominent udders on the cow used to advertise Norco, New South Wales' North Coast Dairy Co-Operative.

      Lord that's awful.

      Delete
  4. I favor breasticles, the twins or just the girls. Spousal units last exam came back all clear. She is often called back in for a re-exam because she's in the small breast, dense tissue camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the girls too. It is scented with affection rather then misogynistic demeaning.

      Delete
  5. If having less boobs meant no cancer then men wouldn't get breast cancer. So there is that.
    I have no names for the girls. My girls are very tired and can't get up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just thought it would be spotted easier.....and I have to admit that many men (and most men over 50) have moobs that are far larger than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true, Linda. I just found out about density (or non density) of breasts and the importance it plays in screening about 2 years ago! We learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had the big squeeze. Mine are big and fiberous but so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer to use the girls as well. And I hate mammograms. I have small, dense breasts too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear