Woof!

Dog park today and a moment of touching another soul.

Saw a gal with a black mini poodle. She was like a nervous mom. Eventually I walked over and told her how my first dog love was a poodle and how much it looked like hers. Funny how poodles always look female to me. This one, Dice, was a little gift from heaven.

The woman said she was going for a walk one day and spotted a dog in someone's backyard. She said hello and connected. She walked by, day after day, until she finally stopped herself, believing these poor people thought they must have a stalker. Meanwhile, she has told all her friends that she found her dog....it just lived with someone else. One day, she spots a dog running by the railroad tracks and recognized him. She nabs him and returns him to the owners house, at which point they thank her profusely and then proceed to ask her if she knew of anyone who wanted a dog.

The next day, on her recently passed brothers birthday, she gets her dog. Or rather, Dice comes home.

I said it was meant to be and then I told her how my little gargoyle was also a gift and how, when my family fell to pieces and I tried to be strong and keep it together, I could go in my room, close my door and fall apart with Sophie by my side. She didn't care if I cried, or yelled, or even if I didn't bathe for a few days. She loved me with no strings attached (except for the bowl of food).

Where would we be without the love of our four footed friends?

Comments

  1. yep. I adopted my first cat (sydney) when I was going thru my divorce. he gave me the unconditional love I was seeking. I had sydney from 1991-2002.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I couldn't agree more. I just wish they were in our lives longer. Nothing better than a dog's unconditional loyal love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! Dogs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a great post! These little fur balls love us unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!