One Step Closer

As you might remember, I am going to see U2 on my 55th birthday. Just reviewing, catching up and remembering why I love them so much.  I’d have a hard time grading my favorite songs but if I did, this one would be in the top five. 

I related to its loneliness and lost feeling, I was so incredibly lonely in my marriage those last 7 years. But this song has an underlying hope. Also, if you are lucky enough to listen to it on an excellent stereo the drumming at the end can be felt in your heart. 



Tell me what you think?

Comments

  1. Oh, lucky you going to see this band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. “I’m across the road from hope,” makes it within reach. Also love the fade at the end. Hope they play it when you see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U2, love 'em. I hope it is all you are expecting and more.

    Just saw ELO and it was a wonderful refreshment for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great band, great tune! Hope you have a fantastic time seeing them, I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Undying hope. Indeed. You called it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear