Day In and Day Out

WORD FOR THE DAY

Grant me daily the grace of gratitude, to be thankful for all my many gifts, and so be freed from artificial needs, that I might lead a joyful, simple life.
EDWARD HAYS

The way to contented happiness is clear to me. Just need to do the work of reminding myself constantly. Stuff will never do it, shopping will not fill it, numbing will not help. When I forget to be grateful, my brain fills with the stuff that scares me. Those thoughts rob me of precious time. Life is short and there is always something to be grateful for.

Comments

  1. today (and every day) I am grateful for all my blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true! You are well and truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that David Whyte quotation! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gratitude is always part of my bedtime prayer ritual, at the very least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't keep a daily gratitude journal on paper anymore (I really should -- I found my old one and I loved seeing it again) but at night I always think of five things I am grateful for from that day. Some, probably most, are simple. Great spaces in the parking lot, Lizzie stayed on the lap a full five minutes, Rick invited me to an impromptu lunch. Some are big -- like being grateful I didn't break anything when I had a very bad fall this week. Either way, it helps the frustrations of life when we remember the little bits of good that are more frequent than we sometimes think. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quote, I love it! Got to have gratitude and be thankful every single day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear