Balls and Donuts

Yesterday I was playing ball with the puppy. Well, actually, I was playing donuts. She seems to like donuts better than balls. I’m throwing it and she’s going after it with her legs going in every direction, she lumbers to the spot where the donut is sitting and she pounces on it and then growls like she’s a vicious monster. It’s pretty darn adorable.

As we played she got distracted and walked off a bit. I called her and told her get the donut and I swung my arm hard to throw it just as she pounced at my direction.  With a good amount of momentum I knocked her in the nose with my fist. She yelped in pain and I felt terrible. A few seconds later, Sophie ran out from bedroom where she had been sleeping.  She quickly ran over, chest out, and proceeded to attack Scruffy. WTF? Where is her momma instinct? Nope, she was out for blood.....ok, ok that’s a bit dramatic but she was pretty mean.

Result: I don’t understand dog packs at all.

Scruffy enjoying some pizza and beer.



Comments

  1. awwww, poor puppy! tell her you're sorry and that you didn't mean it. is that the boy scout up there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, to exact, is the Boy Scout who is not at all a Boy Scout.

      Delete
  2. Poor pup. I don’t understand it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she will learn her spot in her pack. You will see it happen. Their pack is their family. In our house Rick is the pack leader because there is only 1 dog. I could die and be lying on the floor. He would walk in and she would ignore me.
    I feed her, spoil her, take care of her, walk her more, etc. But Rick is her man and heaven forbid if she sees me snuggling with her man....oooh she turns into a jealous bitch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, poor little pup. If only they could speak to tell us what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I bet you did lots of cuddles with her after knocking her. Poor little thing. I've had the experience of accidentally bopping or kicking Lizzie and I feel just terrible when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza crusts are top of the line treats for dogs. We had four dogs when living in Alaska and they all loved pizza crust and frozen ends of bread that we didn't eat. We would put them in the freezer for later and we called it the magic freezer. So when we came back home at the end of the day, we would say "do you want something from the magic freezer" and the would walk up with tails wagging very excitingly to it and sit until we got something out for them. If you for some reason forgot, they would let you know. Eventually as soon as we walked in the door, they knew where to go and what to expect. :) Your two will get along marvelously just wait and see.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great story!! What’s an Irishman doing in Alaska though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear