No Longer “NUMB”

For my 47th birthday I got two concert tickets to see U2.  Truth be told, I don't like crowds, they make me uptight and nervous, but I was thrilled to be flying to Denver to see them

It was a thoughtful gift that the Secret Keeper knew I would really like. As it turned out, I did not make that concert in May of 2011. He could not go and although I might have thought to go With or Without Him;  my kids needed me at the time, it didn't seem like much fun to do that particular trip alone and, finally, he could not remember where he put the tickets.

That was 8 years ago, although it seems like 20.

We are in Another Time Another Place and things are no longer so Out of Control, no longer Bad, and I am One Step Closer. I just got two tickets to see U2 for my 55th birthday!!!!  We will not be in the city Where The Streets Have No Name nor in the City Of Blinding Lights...we will be in Paris...as in Paris France. I will be rocking in 55 with my very favorite poet, humanitarian and petit irishman (along with my Boy Scout who is the Sweetest Thing). Now I just have to Breathe and wait until September.

It is with Pride I tell you I will Walk On.....it's a Beautiful Day.

Ps. All I Want is You Boy Scout.

Comments

  1. OMGOMGOMGOMG, U2 IN PARIS! worth the wait, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. A bit excited. YAY! No wonder. Doesn’t get much better than U2 in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Thought you might be a fellow traveler. I, too am an adult child and owe Al-Anon a debt.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome. This broken old gal owes much to Al-Anon. I’d like to hear your story too.

      Delete
  4. Wow! How awesome is that!!! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post! U2 in Paris, I know it will be wonderful.
    Isn't it nice when a dream comes true ? I am so happy for you.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved how you incorporated all of U2's song titles into your post. What a wonderful event for you to look forward to...Paris, U2 and your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surreal. Thank you Capitol One Miles Card. Paid for the plane tickets and the VRBO's in full.

      Delete
  7. U2 in Paris! Now THAT'S how to turn 55!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. If i gotta get old, may as well have fun doing it.

      Delete
  8. How fun!!! Paris is a wonderful city, and seeing U2 there is the cream on top. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Keeping expectations low but thrilled all the same.

      Delete
  9. You did a great job with this post! And U2 in Paris? Yay!

    Did the missing tickets ever turn up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never did! I thought I would find them when I packed and moved the house. Maybe he sold them for whatever it is addicts sell things for. Ah well.....it all turned out as it should.

      Love you Birdie.....love your sweet heart.

      Delete
  10. Wow, wow, and big wow. Now THAT's how you celebrate a birthday! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned