Sexism.....Alive and Well

I have been busy looking for a new office as my current one will be closing down soon. I don't see clients and I don't need a lot of room. I noticed a little building one block from my house had a sign in the window.  It's not pretty or new or fancy but geeeezz....one block!!! So, I called the number last week. Waiting patiently, I decided to call again after a couple of days. NOTHING! On Easter day, I mention to the Boy Scout that he might give it a try. He grabbed the phone and, low and behold! Boy Scout calls at 5:28 and gets a damn return call at 5:37 on EASTER SUNDAY!!!! WTF?


Don't tell me there is an even playing field when a grown ass woman cannot get a return phone call on an EMPTY building. GRRRRRRRR!


Wouldn't that be cool though? To work that close. 

Comments

  1. I live this daily. Sucks!! There is a part of me that wants to say, screw him, you don't need him. But the other part of me thinks this is sure a great location and you may need to suck it up and take it. But boy this gets me riled up!! Can you imagine if you were a woman of color or a man of color. No call back unless you are a white male!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it’s not for me, I’m doing ok. It’s more for the women or people of color who are not doing ok. It can make the difference of making rent and being evicted. Or repairing a car or eating. It is just plain wrong.

      Delete
  2. It is disgusting your query didn’t get a response. Living so close to the office would be a huge bonus though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd like to think of lots of reasons you didn't get a response that were valid but I suspect you have it right. An office so close would be heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously?!? What year is this?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear