On This Day

Today is my baby brother's birthday.

I love that man. For so many years it was my mom, he and I on our own. That little bastard learned to drive a clutch before me, threw out my Barbies and requires power tools to get him to talk.

He also held me in his arms as I grieved when I received the news that my then husbands illness was terminal (misdiagnosis but the emotions were the same). He is solid and trustworthy and quite a wonderful man. His inborn mechanical abilities are enviable. Despite the fact that our father left us for the last time when I was 12 and he was 11, he seemed to know about engines, building, cars and being a father (perhaps he had a little help from his wife on that).

Happy birthday bro. So grateful to know you.



Comments

  1. So close in age. And close otherwise! Happy birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOF! what a handsome man! happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post. Happy birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful tribute to your brother! Add my birthday wishes to the others!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear