Misplaced Trust


WORD FOR THE DAY

Anyone can be happy when they get what they want; the challenge is to stay grateful and peaceful even when the world around you feels crazy and dangerous and horrible.
ELIZABETH GILBERT
I miss so much of contented happiness due to worry. I want to let that damn worry go, set it free to the wind and stop letting it control my brain and actions. I want, so intensely, to be a trusting person. 

I've made headway but there's still a frickin mountain ahead of me. Each time I start to feel the trust grow, something sets it back to a negative number instead of the almost 10 in a range of 1 to 100.  It's the little things that undermine it. It's the "Ooops, I forgot to mention" or the "It's really is not that big of a deal”  that do me in. If only it weren't that big of a deal....For one reason or another, it is. 

The fact of the matter, I need to trust in me 100%. Everything I need is within me.....well, not yet...but it will be.
Py

Comments

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tRepZdoRmY

    safe for work; seems apropos for this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. You eill find your way through, Linda. Be patient with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of Eliz Gilbert but I do like this quote very much. :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust is such a difficult thing at times for sure. Thanks! It is nice to hear someone else struggles with that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a wise and insightful woman, Linda. It will happen. Things take time and we are all so very human.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear