Talking Turkey

Well this may be unpopular but it is just common sense to me. Delta is tightening restrictions for "comfort" animals. They will be requiring doctor proof that the animal is required and also proof that the animal has been trained to behave. Additionally, they will not longer be accepting turkeys, possums or snakes as comfort animals.

There other people paying for tickets that may not like, have allergies to or just are plain old freightened of said animals, plus there are hygiene and safety issues. Call me small minded but, despite the fact that I do love animals, I have no desire to spend 5 hours in tight quarters with a ferret, possum or boa constrictor.

 ps....especially the boa ;)




Delta Makes Sense

If you don't agree, let me have it ♥ but in a nice way.


Comments

  1. This is not for me. I would like to be advised that my flight is filled with possums, ferrets etc so I can make the choice to not get on that flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody said it out loud! Thank you. The amount of “therapy animals” has got completely out of control. Not only do I not want to share a flight I don’t want a dog jumping up on me or having my crotch sniffed by an out of control “therapy dog”. Like all service animals, there needs to be certification and proper training.

    Now everyone can hate me. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGREED! I don't fly, so this ruling will not affect me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my turkey to the vets once. He sat quietly in the passenger seat

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only animals I have ever seen in carriers on aircraft are cats and tiny dogs. I didn’t realize a managerie was allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. Service animals are trained properly and they behave well. Those animals I welcome wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. If therapy animals are legit, a doctor will certify them as necessary. Otherwise, leave them at home with the other pets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely agree 100%!! Real service animals are not a problem, but the ones with actual certification and training are rare and easy to spot. And there's no way a snake can be a service animal--the very idea is absurd! If someone can't live without Slimey McSlither for the duration of a short trip, perhaps they'd be better off driving. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear