Skin Deep

Superficial

  • concerned with or comprehending only what's on the surface
  • existing or occurring at or on the surface
  • appearing to be real or true only to examine more closely
  • not thorough, deep or complete
This gal would be MOST men's dream. I can hear other men saying to themselves, "Isn't he a lucky sap". But this particular gal is a perfect example of being only skin deep.

She felt the need to Snapchat a picture of a 70 year old woman from her gym. The woman happened to be changing and was unaware that the picture was being taken. The caption read, "If I can't unsee this then you can't either".


Even after being charged with invasion of privacy and pleading no contest, she was quoted as saying:

“It’s taught me a lot about privacy,” she said earlier this month. “I’ve lost a lot of that myself as well. We’ve had a lot of paparazzi involved in my family life. I had my privacy taken away after I took someone else’s.”

She still was focused on herself because what else is there, right? The woman from the gym was humiliated but for restitution asked only for $60 to replace the backpack so that she could not be easily identified.

Will there ever be a day where we are valued for what we do instead of what we look like. The saddest thing is that she too will grow old and with her mindset, she will have no choice but to repeatedly go under the knife in order to hide the signs of the aging she so mercilessly has contempt for. I actually know her family and the love of what is on the outside has been handed down. Developing the inside is way too much work for some people. Hopefully she learns before she starts the next generation of the genetically blessed.

The irony about this story is that there are probably a good portion of the male population that would admit they would give it a try despite having the above knowledge. The cost would be worth it......at least for awhile.

ps. I am aware that this is a bit judgmental....I'm working on it.

Comments

  1. How awful! I hope she learned something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this story. How ugly this young woman is....on the inside, where it matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so tired of horrible behaviour then the “apology” afterwards. If she hadn’t been caught there would be no remorse, not that there actually is. She knew what she was doing. She snapped the picture, wrote a horrible note with it and hit send. Yeah. Not sorry because you cannot be sorry for something when you know it was wrong in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there’s room for forgiveness but that isn’t how true repentance looks. At least not to me.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry but this woman who was humiliated was so kind not to sue her. That is a good person, no matter what she looked like. This twit makes me ill and I don't think she learned a damn thing out of this. Her so called apology was hollow and as you said still about her. That is what makes me sick. I am going to stereotype now, this is the millennial kardashian effect and it is horrendous. The Look at me look at me generation. This little twit could be in a car accident tomorrow and be disfigured. Looks you are given, you didn't earn them, learn them, make them. You were given this gift and if you use it poorly I sure wish it could be taken away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stupid bitch! karma will catch up to her soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. There a lot of clueless people in the world today and it seems that they will learn the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even begin to say how distressed and appalled this makes me fell. That woman in the gym showed greater grace than I think I might, I'm sorry to say. Skin deep indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We really must fight this mindset.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Go!

Let's Be Perfectly Clear