The City I Love

Good and bad, I love my city. It is where my heart is.

Ventura is a very laid back, relaxed town. Culturally diverse, fun and funky...


There's about 106,000 people here....76% white, 31% Hispanic, etc.  At the last count, of those 106K people, 306 were homeless. That number seems a little low to me but I'll take it. With all its beauty and great location, it is not cheap to live in Ventura. A young family of 4 needs to have an income of $82,000.00 to live modestly. Childcare and housing being the largest expenses in a budget, averaging around $1150.00 for childcare and $1500.00 for housing, minimum wage jobs just don't cut it.

That being said, if you are one of the lucky ones who can afford housing, food and other basics, there are many things to enjoy about our town;


According to a Washington Post article in 2015, Ventura County is the most desirable place to live in America for climate. I can't argue with it. Our warm months are from June to October where we see an average high of 73°F (22°C). We will see a spike of a few weeks in the summer where we all suffer through it and go to a lot of movies because very few people in Ventura have A/C. The cool months are November to April with an average high temp below 67°F (19°C) and rarely going below the 50°'s. We get a May-June gloom that I am not overly fond of but some people enjoy. 

All in all, we have the beach, mountains, good food, great weather, decent schools and loads of brewerys for you beer lovers. I love it mostly because it is where my people are and where my person is.
Welcome!

Mission San BuenaVentura - founded in 1782
(That's REALLY old for us Californians)



View from City Hall

Famous Two Trees♥

One of the lucky ones that can afford to buy a home.




Comments

  1. It does look like a tropical paradise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we are in a drought, not incredibly tropical but we are all adjusting and trying to do our part.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely. The weather sounds perfect! No wonder you love it so!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned