This is My Blog

I have made and, for the most part, kept my commitment to keep my Facebook page free from any political statements, rants, subversive comments or even innuendo. It is not how I choose to use Facebook.

But this is my blog....this IS MY BLOG. I haven't said much here but it should not be construed as lack of involvement or caring. I just have to say this and I will ask forgiveness for those of you who don't like my language or disagree but:


WHAT THE HELL?


Lordy, how did we get into this mess? And how long will it last? Hopefully not 4 entire years! Walls, travel bans, alternative facts, health care, Putin, pussies, women's rights, questionable appointees, racism, defunding of arts and worthy safety nets, environmental issues, fostering a complete distrust of the overall media, LGBTQ issues, alienation of allies along with a puffed up sense of self to demi-god status. He can't even get along with his own party.

I know he is not evil, I know that he has the potential to do some good. I have not seen anything as of yet. If you know of something, please post it, but nicely please. 



Comments

  1. I don't believe he has the potential to do any good whatsoever. His outright ignorance,in my opinion, DOES make him evil. He has professed it himself, that he has no desire to learn. And that makes him dangerous too. Most of the people I know did not vote for him. I find myself saying WHAT THE FUCK? on a daily basis. Seems like every day he incites more chaos and bluster. I am furious that he is our president. He has done nothing so far but cause problems. I could go on and on, but as you say, this is YOUR blog. Thanks for letting me vent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I read Lolly's comment I was thinking much the same thing. I do believe he is evil. This from Dictionary.com.

    adjective
    1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked:
    evil deeds; an evil life.
    2. harmful; injurious:
    evil laws.
    3. characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous:
    to be fallen on evil days.
    4. due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.
    5. marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.

    In my opinion, he fits those characteristics.

    As for making April Sexual Assault Awareness Prevention Month. I scoff. Like an abusive man bring his wife flowers after he beats the shit out of her. Too little. Too late. And no amount of flowers make it okay. If he could admit that he he has trouble with this area and gets help and set up a organizations for men to go to get help, that would be a start. As it is now, violent men have no help. They have learned from their fathers or the lack of a father.
    At any rate, the dye is cast. You all have to keep standing up for what is good and right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for all the typos. I'm on my iPad and can't edit.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I can understand what you are saying Birdie. One of the problems I have with today's politics is the fear mongering and demonizing of opponents views. I think that we can make logical arguments against The Great Orange One without letting our fear of him consume us. At least I'd would like it if we could.

      However, how he can possibly think that he has the right to chime in on any issue regarding women is astounding. Best just to keep quiet on these issues if you ask me.

      I'm still holding out for someone, ANYONE, to tell me ONE thing good that has happened thus far??????

      Delete
    4. There is definitely fear mongering and demonizing on all sides. It makes things so confusing. At present, we are in the midst of a provincial election. Things are pretty bad here. I'm trying to just focus on home but it's hard.

      Delete
    5. I sure hope yours goes way better than ours💜

      Delete
  3. To imagine that this man can do good, we desperately need to define "good"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hope is there, it is in the power of the resistance. Women are learning to come together, speak their minds, and work for change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Don't Be A Bob

Let's Be Perfectly Clear