Hello 2017

It’s Christmas Eve morning and I've been awake since 3:36 a.m.

Lots of time to think about this past year; overall, a pretty good one.

My kids are healthy and making their way on this planet. Each finding their own unique community with the life skills that they have acquired thus far. My wish for each of them is to focus on the growth process. Do not accept the status quo as good enough. There is so much to learn in this life and the moment you stop growing is the moment that you start wasting precious time. We are here for such a short period of time...don't squander a second of it. That doesn't mean don't relax. Do it!!! Take a long bath, read a book in one day, walk aimlessly without a destination but be present, love the person you are and love the people around you lavishly.

I had a heart squeezing moment the other day when talking to one of the kids. He's visiting from school.  Our "home" was packed up and sold while he was out of state trying to focus on making the grade. The few things that remained in his bedroom were sold in the driveway of my new little house as there was no room for much of anything that I had brought from the old house. With a bit of sadness, I mentioned to him that I was sorry that he had to come to town to a house that really isn't home to him. He smiled a half smile and said that he and his sister had discussed just that and both decided that HOME is where ever I am. Seriously...SERIOUSLY?  Life knocks me down sometimes and then, with tenderness, picks me up, brushes off the dirt and kisses me on my forehead.

The Boy Scout and I keep working on this partnership, with its ups and downs. I sometimes wonder if that we have to work this hard, maybe we are holding onto something that isn't meant to be, but other times I pinch myself at the fullness of my heart. Getting better at asking for what I need without getting mad that my man isn't a mind reader. Hopeful that this year will bring him employment that is fulfilling.

Love our church more than I can say and look forward to really becoming a part of the community that calls itself Ventura Vineyard. Building relationships is not my strong point (see previous post) but will keep plugging at it.


Merry Christmas and a peaceful, happy, growth filled New Year.

Comments

  1. Merry Christmas, Linda. I am so glad your children bring joy to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet statement for your son to make! I'm sure it was your best present this year. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you have to say about that?

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned