Time In The Garden

I've been struggling the past week or two.  My business is having a pretty big cash flow problem that occurred because of the decisions of someone else. It's been in the back of my mind a lot. There is a knot in my gut...especially when I am at the office trying to work it out...trying to flesh out what next week, next month and the month after that will look like. It will eventually work itself out but it is going to take some time. Meanwhile, that means taking on some debt and, perhaps, getting into my retirement fund.

In order to keep on a good emotional track, I have been practicing a number of things:

  • Staying in the moment. Next week’s problems will still be there even if I fret over them today. I am trying to leave next week where it belongs.
  • Instead of lamenting the potential of having to dip into retirement, I will just be grateful that there is some money in that retirement fund that I can dip into. EASY...I am so thankful for that little fund.
  • Listening to positive affirmation tapes that are teaching me how to turn off the fast running, negative dialog in my head. This one, in particular, helps me - Releasing Negative Thoughts Spoken Affirmations for a peaceful, calm positive mind
  • When the knot in my stomach gets a little too big, I stop and breathe. Deep calming breaths that remind me I am here and OK. Breathe in gratefulness, breathe out nervousness, breathe in peace, breathe out over-thinking.
  • Remembering that this problem does not nullify every wonderful thing I have to be thankful for. I will remain grateful for, and focus on, love and friendship, family and laughter and the simple pleasure of learning that grateful heart is the key to happiness.

I will enter tomorrow when it shows up, meanwhile it's is a beautiful day. I may work in the garden when I get home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!