30 Days of Happiness - Day 6

Day 6 - Write ten things that you are proud you accomplished.


  1. Forgiveness. Without that, none of the other wonderful things that have occurred would have been possible.
  2. Learning how to accept and detach from my kids. It sounds negative but doing so has allowed me to love them freely and without hesitation. No judgement and no responsibility...just love.
  3. I've learned how to say "NO" and it's amazing.
  4. I've accepted my hearing loss and am pretty darn comfortable with it. I can right off the bat say, "I have hearing loss, can you repeat that" and repeat it again if I have to.
  5. I don't know if I can say it is my accomplishment but I am so proud of my kids and how they have dealt with their father. Love, kindness, forgiveness and acceptance...and still practicing self care....they are amazing people.
  6. Learning that being kind to others is being kind to myself.
  7. I've learned to give my love away again.  Not perfectly but in my own messy way....what a blessing.
  8. Broken 100 in my golf game.
  9. I have put away the victim. The victim always loses - ALWAYS. Having a bad day?  I look to see what part I have in facilitating that bad day. Did I put something off I should have done months ago? Did I choose an easier route and now have to pay the price? Sometimes bad things happen, I try to see my part and let go of the rest as soon as humanly possible.
  10. Gratefulness - the real key to happiness is being grateful right where you are and I am learning that daily.
All these things are wonderful but, aside from my golf game, putting them on the "ACCOMPLISHED" list is misleading. All of them are a work in progress. Some days I do better than others but I keep trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned