30 Days - Day 2

Day 2 of 30 Acts of Self Love for 30 Days of Happiness.

Day 2 - Find an old picture of you and a family member. Write a comment about how this person has helped you without expecting anything back and give thanks. It can be on Facebook or anywhere else.

Easy!!!

This picture is of a dear old family friend and my sisters. Although there may be conflict on occasion, these three ladies have been my dearest friends and confidants through thick and thin.

Over the last two or three years, each of them has held my hand, listened to my broken heart and fed my broken body. What do people do without sisters? I don't even want to consider it. 


In the early days of the craziness that had become my life, Pam would text me every day with a hug and a kind word.  She would get off of work and drive an hour to bring food and sit to make sure I was eating. As my weight had dropped to under 100 lbs...she would not take no for an answer. I’d get a daily reminder, "Have you eaten today?". Sally would text me day or night with love and advice....reminding me who I was and what I deserved in life. Laurie, who is one of the most thoughtful and solid people I know, would give me carefully thought out words of comfort and strength. Not one time did she ever incite feelings of anger or revenge because she could see what, at the time, I could not.

Incredibly grateful for them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!