When I was going through the hardest time of my life, finding reasons to smile were difficult for me. Spending much time in fear, my focus was still in victim mode. I could not, for the life of me, see the good that might come from the situation.
During the harder times, one of the few things in my life that could make me smile and put my cares aside was this little nutball. She had no agenda, no expectations and no pain that needed tending. She just loved me and put no demands on me except to be acknowledged and fed. I could manage that with very little effort when all else seemed so daunting.
The situation has slowly settled over the last two years and much good has come from it. Yes, my marriage ended badly and the Secret Keeper, whom I love, struggles to hold on to his life, but the good things are many. A few things I am grateful for:
1. A wonderful, loving partnership with the Boy Scout.
2. A richer and more mature relationship with my kids.
3. Learning to rely on myself for happiness and peace.
4. Learning to trust in God in a new way.
5. Al-Anon bringing new people and a new way of thinking.
6. Open mindedness.
7. Compassion for people with mental illness.
8. A new understanding of what unconditional love means.
Hope you find your smile today love.