Adjusting The Sails

I chose a different route on Sunday. 

Something happened that normally would have been a big blow up. I would have taken it personally, been hurt and reacted poorly. Instead, I went ahead with my plans, did what I needed to do and let the chips fall where they may. It was fantastic to stay in control, in the moment...not borrowing from other hurts to pile on top, not letting the situation tell me that I was not enough. I am enough....enough for me. 

The response allowed me to be persuasive in the ensuing dialog, so that the focus was on what happened and did not become my poor behavior; this has been know to happen from time to time. In addition, shaming was not a part of the conversation (I can be fairly good at shaming). What an incredible victory for me to not yell, cry, withdraw or manipulate. And in the end, the discussion was short-lived and the day was not wasted.


Trying to remember that this is not a practice run...it's time to live my life to the fullest. Grateful for all I am learning, even if it's a little late in the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!