Your Soul; Trust It

There have been times in my life where, somewhere deep inside, I know.....I know something that, for all intents and purposes, I should not know. Have you done it too? Where you know for a fact that someone is lying to you or hiding something or there is a problem somewhere with a loved one.

It's such an interesting feeling to know and not be able to back it up or explain why but you know just the same. When confronted, unable to explain, self doubt might kick in; but stick with it, it will rarely steer you wrong.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. ~ A Einstein 

The problem with my intuitiveness is twofold; first, living with a great deal of fear can manifest itself with ugly thoughts that can be confused with intuition and second, people who lie, for whatever reason, will attempt to manipulate the situation to make the intuitive feel a bit nuts for knowing something they shouldn't. I'm not saying they're evil, they are coping in this world the best way they know how. My concern is my part.

In reading about intuitive people, many of them practice the following:

1. They listen to that inner voice.
2. They take time for solitude.
3. They create.
4. They practice mindfulness.
5. They observe everything.
6. They listen to their bodies.
7. They connect deeply with others.
8. They pay attention to their dreams.
9. They enjoy plenty of down time.
10. They mindfully let go of negative emotions.

Fostering that intuitiveness is a goal of mine. Luckily, many of the things that intuitive person does are also things that are necessary to heal the soul of an Al-Anon. I think I'm on the right tract.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!