It's a Family Affair

Family party over.....No blow ups, no heartaches, no thin skinnedness (yup, made that one up), just a lovely evening with family and friends.

My sister Laurie does a beautiful job setting up a huge tent, decorates the inside like a Christmas fairyland with heaters to make it more comfortable. The rain came down in buckets for awhile but we were dry and warm.

Last year at this time, there was a horrible fight between one of my sisters and I.  I take total blame in that I was raw and ragged and overly sensitive to a comment made. Normally, I would have taken it so much better, but not then. The fight that ensued was a doozy and pretty much everyone ran for cover. I am so sorry for the words uttered in anger and hurt, words that cannot be taken back. It took a good long while for us to reconcile and still today there is some frostiness but it'll all be ok. We are family and we will work it out.

A sweet, dear old friend joined us and I was tickled to see him again. Growing up he was my sisters best friend but we all loved him.  Somehow, Manny sweet talked my utterly camera shy sister Pam into posing for a photo. It's been a long time since the four of us girls were in a picture together. I'll treasure this one.

Wishing you a peaceful, happy Christmas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned