Is it that I lack the courage to believe that life should feel richly abundant and deeply connected? Or perhaps I know that is exactly what it is suppose to be like that but that, somehow, I am not deserving.
Not so, there is enough love to go around. Today will be better. Today I will remember the following:
1. My thoughts are not necessarily truth….in fact, often times they are far from it.
2. Remember that fear was once a needed coping mechanism; that was then and this is now. I have the intelligence to use reason and logic rather than emotion and reactions.
3. Using meditation and mindfulness throughout the day; be aware of those thoughts that are NOT me. Refocus and breathe. Breathe. BREATHE
4. Hyper self protection needs to be a thing of yesterday. Recognize it for what it is and know that the result will be emotional isolation.
5. Remember that it takes perseverance and practice, lots of it. Preparing myself for trigger situations in advance to avoid back sliding
6. Each time I notice that state of negativity, use it as an opportunity to practice, to mindfully observe thoughts with acceptance and compassion.
7. Celebrate the victories…no matter how small.
Today is a victory.