Tools in The Tool Chest

Just because we acquire a large tool box and fill it up doesn't mean we open it when we should. It sure doesn't mean that we find the right tool the first time round.

Sometimes it feels like using the tools requires a certain lack of caring. They call it detachment but detachment is a really tough job! Detachment says, "I love you, care for your well being, need your love and affection but know I can't or won't or shouldn't even try to change this situation, therefore I will let it go....give it to my Higher Power. The letting go part goes against my entire being. My heart screams advance, make changes, do your best to affect the outcome. It says protect yourself at any costs. My brain knows that it is self sabotage and results in alienation, broken relationships and robs people of their dignity, but getting my heart to shut the hell up is a difficult thing.

It's a new day, so....

Just For Today I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my "luck" as it comes and fit myself to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Go!