Fake It Till You Make It

So, the holidays are here. The second without my Secret Keeper. The first is a blur. I remember putting lights up with the company of my frenchie and two cats. I remember going to get a tree and a huge family fight. I remember the pain and the sleepless nights. Christmas Day was precious and unique and sweet and achingly lonely and sad all at the same time.

It's still a little hard. There's an ache where my gratitude is suppose to be.  The beloved rituals built over a lifetime bring a sadness that doesn't want to go away just yet. My Secret Keeper was always heavily involved in this process. There was a time when it was all six of us. How I loved those years when each item removed from the boxes evoked a memory of an event or a special loved one. It has slowly dwindled as the kids lost interest or went off to school; now it's just me. Three trips to storage to get the xmas boxes out. I don't have room for even a third of it. I'll take this time to thin things out. I'd like to do so with a good attitude; without the building feeling of resentment.  I'll get there.

Pretending in the hopes it will happen soon. Fake it till you make it right?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Private Eye

Let's Be Perfectly Clear

Things I Have Learned